Bloggingmyproclivities

Bloggingmyproclivities

Sunday 18 September 2011

Bed made - now lie in it

She was entirely to blame, she thought, as she lay there in a foreign country next to the snoring man - her husband of 10 years now.
The proposal had hardly been romantic: Well, you’re getting on now. Who else is going to have you?
And so, like a fool, she’d married him. She remembered ringing her best friend back home, sobbing, knowing she was making a mistake but too inhibited to back out. “Just leave, walk away,” her friend had advised.
She hadn’t, so here she was now. Two kids, a husband she disliked, and in-laws living next door. 

This is my 2nd response to Velvet Verbosity's 100 word challenge, I didn't like my first response overly. The prompt is INHIBITED.



6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference from the first submission! Very nice change of voice. I can definitely feel the despair here, the removal from desperation. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should SO be doing OneWord! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Articwren- thanks. It was easy to have two voices coz the first one is from me, this one is someone else- if that makes sense.

    NQ- I tried it once and didn't like the time limit thing, made me a bit panicky. I like the 100 word limit on Velvet Verbosity's site, and it's only a once a week thing. Plus I like that it then gets my creative juices going, and not just writing about me, me, me all the time!

    Stella x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's bad enough with the husband that she dislikes ... but the in-laws living next door - now that's the cherry on top of the cake ! LOL ! Nice one !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to think how many people can resonate with this. Oh, and glad to hear (per your comment) that you like the 100 word challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete